Wednesday, February 1, 2012

food education.

right now i am in my third semester of Culinary School!
it's crazy thinking that one year ago i was in beginning baking and skills.
now i am taking advanced hot foods (restaurant) and advanced baking. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
but i just wanted to give you guys a look at the fun things i have been doing in class!

in the class I am currently in we run a full service restaurant every thursday and friday. this includes a six course meal for each guest. and each week we feature a different cuisine! last week was 'lobsterfest'--so mostly focusing on seafoods and american dishes. 

gravlox (cured salmon)
potato and basil wrapped tuna
grilled lobster tail with truffle oil
this is the dish i personally prepared all night--whole steamed lobster
boston creme pie
upside down apple crisp cake with amaretto ice cream
this was the week i had to get over my fears! because i was the ONLY person who had to use live lobsters. yep. i killed about 70 lobsters. but i have to admit, it was pretty fun!

showing the motion of my killing all the lobsters!
& my murder station. antennas and limbs everywhereee.
i'm not even going to say what this is, but just know that it IS 
the most unhealthy meal you could ever eat. a few of my classmates and i made it for fun!

and a few other things my classmates made that i thought were fantastic...
orange and fennel salad

i love school so much. 
even though it's sucking the life out of me these days. 
this week is cuban food! 
xox.L.

1 comment:

  1. You are legit, Linds! I'm glad you are having such a good time. Also, I'm not sure when you changed your blog layout, but i loves it!

    ReplyDelete