Tuesday, December 1, 2009

just a lil thoughT


so i have been sick. not sure with what. maybe h1N1? i don't really know. i feel quite awful though. but tonight something happened that taught me a great lesson on giving and not judging people. So, tonight at work a homeless lady came in with all her luggage and bags and ordered food. After she was done eating she just left all her stuff in the building and was kind of wandering around outside. My first instinct was that she is just a creepy old lady. I didn't take into concideration that she has no home. no money. and probably no loving family. But someone called the police about her, and I am assuming they just told her she needed to leave. During this time there was a family ordering some desserts and the father of this family went outside and was talking to the homeless lady and told her to come in and her bought her a drink. That mans simple act of kindness really touched my heart. I then felt so bad for judging the woman. I felt like the bad guy. Who cares if she was a little strange? I learned tonight not to but a label on people you don't even know. I think this is very important to everyone. Especially during this holiday season, look for opportunities to give. Even the littlest things mean the most. Spread joy and be greatful for everything you have!
 xOOx.
L.
ps. the picture is dedicated to Brandee the Olson.

No comments:

Post a Comment