Thursday, January 27, 2011

hey cook.ie.

Trust me.
i WANT to blog.
but there is nothing in my life that is cool. new. or different.
i go to school. come home. work. homework. tear up the city with my bffs.
school is SO exciting to me-- i just don't want to bore people and have it be the only thing i talk about. 
but i am going to do it anyway:) 


This week was COOKIE WEEK. such a good week. i like making cookies A LOT more than i like making bread. So far we have made Chocolate Chip cookies, Oatmeal Raisin, Springerles, Orange Pecan Biscotti, Lemon Bars, Brownies, Sables a la pouche, Parisian Macarons, Tuiles, and icebox cookies. IT'S NUTS!! and all before noon on thursday. So far i have loved the biscotti and macarons the most.
top: parisan macarons, sables a la pouche.
bottom: bavarian with a cookie, chocolate stick, raspberries, blueberries and passion fruit caramel.. AND biscotti.

and the other glorious thing about school is that the other classes are making food to share WITH YOU. The Garde Manger class has brought us in the best stuffed mushrooms i have ever tasted, potstickers, won-tons, sandwiches, deli meats, salads. AND today i tried SASHIMI. yep. raww yellow tail fish. LOVED IT. (as long its cut thin.)

and while i enjoy going to school everyday, it is so so hard. Today proved to be my hardest day BY A LONG SHOT.  and not just a hard day for me... FOR EVERYONE. hard day is even an understatement. 15 overly moody souls.. cooking.together. is like living with satan. 

and the rumors are true. CULINARY SCHOOL CAN MAKE YOU FAT. 

1 comment:

  1. Why wasnt I told it was cookie week? I should have made cookies.
    I think my fav part about this blog was saying it was like you lived with Satan. Are you comparing Todd to Satan?
    You have so many skills!

    ReplyDelete