Tuesday, March 20, 2012

explore moab. spring break2012.

now that i am officially back into school after having a 10 day spring break, i figured i should blog about it!

before life picks up yet again :)
just like last year, I went to moab with my favorite ladies.
this trip was the funnest thing.
LOTS of hiking. we went hiking just about every single day. some days we just went exploring on unmarked trails up moab canyon. i highly reccommend this!



on of my favorite parts of the whole trip (and i think everybody's) was REPELLING. 
some of you may know that i am so afraid of heights--they have brought me to tears several times. 
but lately i just have really wanted to get out of it and i am just trying to convice myself i am not afraid 
and so far it's worked! cliff jumping and now repelling. 
we first had to basically scale an entire mountain, which was COMPLETELY INSANE.
check out the view 



these were our awesome guides mike and david.
also, I LOVE THESE GIRLS MORE THAN ANYTHING. 
best friends for 13 years. 
 
me coming down. 
i was SO scared. especially because at one part you have to take your feet off the mountain
which technically sounds easier--it wasn't for me though. 
i loved having the security of the rock underneath my feet. 
but i did it-- and completely fell in love

next time i am in moab i want i to repel off corona arch!
my aunt is friends with several people in moab who own awesome equipment/ know great places to go and do fun things.
we were able to go unimogging!
and made some baby boyfriends too.



and finally
the trip would have not been the same without our daily (and sometimes multiple times a day) trips down this road!
POTASH road.
it's where all the BABEIN climbers are.
we  should be really embarrassed
but all those shirtless boys with cutoff jeans, scruff, curly locks,  and CLIMBING 
was the best kind of eye candy. 
mandatory. 
and i leave you at that.
(because i don't have the rest of the pictures. wahh) 
we also enjoyed finding random rocks to read on. 
went ATV-ing. 
and spent some grand time with 13 dogs. 
as they supposedly say...
"dogs are like chips. you can't just have one!"
I LOVE RED ROCK. 
I LOVE MOAB. 
it's definitely one of my favorite places ever. 
this summer moab trip:
corona arch
RAFTING!
more arches. 
BIKING!!



No comments:

Post a Comment